Posts Tagged ‘artemis’
Tuesday, June 12th, 2012
For some reason we seem to be getting feedback that one of our most popular brands, Artemis, is irradiated. Just for the record – this is certainly NOT the case.
The whole irradiation topic became top of mind around two years ago when a brand called Orijen became available in the Australian marketplace. Orijen is still a highly successful brand in the American marketplace, with one of its key points of difference is that the recipe is cooked at low temperatures. This point of difference however was its downfall, as all petfood coming into the Australian marketplace that is cooked at low temperatures must be irradiated upon entry into the country.
The Artemis Fresh Mix range is a combination of real chicken, vegetables, fruits, brown rice and essential minerals. They also have a grain free product called Maximal. A key feature of the Artemis range is that it does not contain any wheat, soy or corn, commonly known as fillers and all three seem to have strong links to allergies and skin issues.
Another key feature of the Artemis range is that the manufacturing process involves a cooking method which raises the inner core temperature of the kibble above 100 degrees, which means it can be imported into the country without the need for irradiation.
So just to set the record straight, Artemis Fresh Mix, Artemis Maximal and Artemis Osopure and Artemis canned variety’s, both cat and dog, are safe to feed to your best friends without fear of irradiation!
Tags: artemis, Artemis pet food, cat food online, dog food online, irradiated, pet food online
Posted in All-Natural/Holistic, Allergies, General, Petfood | No Comments »
Wednesday, December 7th, 2011
We’re in a bit of dilemma here at Pookinuk because we can’t find where 2011 went. Do you know? Or do you feel the same as us? It just seems to have quietly snuck past us and whoosh, disappeared!
Anyway, we’re too busy to go looking for it because we have to tell you about the hot deals and competitions happening this December:-
Win an Ipad! Yep, just buy Holistic Select or
Eagle Pack products to go into the draw to win a 64GB Ipad2. Gotta be in it to win it!
Artemis – 10% off the entire range for a limited time. Jingle your bells and be quick!
Get a free storage tub when you buy Royal Canin 12kg or larger bags of dog food. Happy Christmas!
Buy Frontline and receive a free dog or cat grooming kit. Ho ho ho!
Check out our Christmas Gifts page for some ideas on what to give your loyal, faithful four-legged bestie this Christmas.
CONGRATULATIONS to Linda Spiteri from Victoria whose name was drawn from hundreds of entries to win our Canidae/Felidae competition. Linda is now the proud owner of a Sony Bravia Internet TV!
We’re taking a little break over Christmas and we’d hate your pooch or puss to be left high & dry so please make a note of the following dates:-
- LAST SHIPPING DATE:- Wednesday, December 21st
- BACK TO BUSINESS:- Wednesday, December 28th
Merry Christmas to all our two-legged and four-legged friends! Enjoy the festive season and many thanks for your business in 2011,
The Pookinuk team
Tags: artemis, buy cat food online, buy dog food online, cat food online, Christmas gifts, dog food online, dry cat food, dry dog food, eagle pack, frontline, Holistic Select, ipad, Ipad2, Royal Canin, win ipad
Posted in General, Specials | No Comments »
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Here’s a snapshot of this month’s specials:
1. Buy Canidae or Felidae plus something else from our store and you’ll go in the running to win a Sony Bravia Internet TV worth $900. WOW! Now you can surf the net and watch your favourite TV show at the same time! Canidae (for dogs) and Felidae (for cats) are an all natural, holistic pet food that do not contain corn, wheat, soy or fillers. Top quality food with a top quality prize! Our Internet TV competition finishes November 4, 2011.
2. Holistic Select & Eagle Pack’s supply woes are over. We have plenty of stock and to celebrate, you won’t pay for shipping if you buy either product (dog or cat) at Pookinuk this month (metro only). PLUS as an extra bonus, you won’t pay for shipping on a repeat order either! What a great deal and what a great time to give it a try!
3. It’s flea season and we’ve got everything you need to keep your pooch and puss flea-less! One-spot treatments, chew tablets, flea shampoos and flea resistant bedding. Sentinel Spectrum are currently running a special offer … get a FREE extra chewable tablet (that’s an extra month’s protection for your dog) with all Sentinel Spectrum 6 pack purchases.
4. 15% off all Eukanuba Puppy formulas. Did you know that by the time your puppy celebrates his 2nd birthday he will have grown as much as you did in your first 14 years! Therefore, he has to eat the right food with the right nutrients to support a healthy growing body. Eukanuba make a puppy formula for all size breeds (ie. Large, Medium & Small) and they’re currently all 15% off, eg. Large Breed 15kg was $119.95, now $101.95.
5. 15% off Artemis Osopure Power. This formula contains higher levels of protein and fat than Artemis’ other formulas. So if you have a sporting or show dog, an underweight dog, a dog whose skin and coat is dull and lifeless, a pregnant or nursing female or a dog who’s just had surgery, this Power formula is just the ticket. The 18kg bag was $112.95, now $96.00. Hurry while stocks last.
6. Take 20% off Artemis Medium/Large Breed Puppy and 20% off Eagle Pack Small/Medium Puppy - only while stocks last!
Tags: artemis, Artemis cat food, Artemis dog food, buy cat food, buy dog food, buy pet food, cat food online, dog food, dog food home delivered, dog food online, dog food specials, dog supplies online, dry cat food, dry dog food, eagle pack, eukanuba, flea beds, flea treatment, fleas on dogs, healthy dog food, healthy pet food, holistic dog food, holistic pet food, home delivered dog food, pet food online, premium pet food online, Sentinel Spectrum
Posted in Specials | No Comments »
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010
Just read this great article published by the ‘Whole Dog Journal’ out of the U.S. about how to choose the right dog food.
We subscribe to this great publication (every February they publish their ‘Top Dog Food’ report) and are always impressed by their totally unbiased reporting on things that really matter in the world of dogs (and it’s not funded by advertisers!).
There’s no doubting that the quality and philosophy about pet food over the last decade or so has changed dramatically. It’s now not considered beneficial for a dog or cat to live wholly on a wet diet. A good quality dry food is considered much more beneficial because not only does it deliver the required nutrients but also keeps your pet’s teeth clean and healthy (for one thing).
The article suggests that dogs, just like people, are individuals. And if we are to base our pet’s dietary choices on this, then you wouldn’t feed the same food to a large, active dog and a small, lie-at-home-all-day-watching-television dog! That makes sense to me.
And it makes good common sense to follow the advice to assess your dog’s health while dieting on its current food. List the health assets and problems it may have. Health assets are things like bright eyes, fresh breath, clean teeth, glossy coat, clean ears etc. Any conditions for which your dog requires a visit to the vet would be listed on the problems list along with things like bad breath, goopy eyes, excessive gas, diarrhoea, recurring fleas or worms, low or excessive energy etc.
If there are a lot more assets on your list than problems, and the problems are minor, then you’re probably already feeding your dog the right type of food.
If not, then your dog’s a good candidate for a change of diet! Again, go to view the Whole Dog Journal article as it outlines in much more detail what you should be assessing if your dog’s health is an issue.
And referring back to their Top Dog Food report, we’re happy to report that we stock three of their ‘approved dry foods’. Artemis, Organix (Castor & Pollux) and Eagle Pack’s Holistic Select can be purchased and home delivered from Pookinuk. All these foods use high quality ingredients and are classified as either a ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ food.
We speak to a lot of our customers about dietary concerns they may have for their pets so if you have any concerns or have followed the Whole Dog Journal’s advice and realised that your dog or cat perhaps isn’t eating the right food, give us a call. We’re more than happy to help point you in the right direction – 1300 65 66 75.
Tags: artemis, Dick van Patten, dog food, healthy dog food, healthy pet food, natural pet food, organic dog food, organic pet food, Organix, pet food
Posted in Petfood | No Comments »
Friday, January 22nd, 2010
Hello Pookinuk World
Can you believe another year has started and January is almost finished! A belated Happy New Year to all our existing customers and potential new ones.
Early this year we implemented a blog for Pookinuk and this is the first post. We will be using our blog to inform you of all the news that relates to pet supplies and looking after your pet. Whether it is a special on Eukanuba, a new product from Eagle Pack or a gift with purchase from Hills, we will be using our blog to inform our Pookinuk customers.
The blog will also be useful to launch new products on the Pookinuk website and promote new emerging brands such as Artemis, Nutrience and Ziwi Peak.
2010 will be an exciting year for Pookinuk customers as we will be looking to expand our range of products to assist you with looking after your pets. Suggestions of new products to be added to the range are always welcome, so please send them to email@example.com if you have any.
Happy Australia Day to all of our customers and wishing everyone a very prosperous 2010.
Tags: advance, advantage, advocate, artemis, eagle pack, eukanuba, frontline, hills science diet, home delivered pet supplies, nutrience, pet food, pet supplies, Petfood, petloo, sentinel, super premium petfood, ziwi peak
Posted in General | No Comments »