Posts Tagged ‘buy pet food’
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Here’s a snapshot of this month’s specials:
1. Buy Canidae or Felidae plus something else from our store and you’ll go in the running to win a Sony Bravia Internet TV worth $900. WOW! Now you can surf the net and watch your favourite TV show at the same time! Canidae (for dogs) and Felidae (for cats) are an all natural, holistic pet food that do not contain corn, wheat, soy or fillers. Top quality food with a top quality prize! Our Internet TV competition finishes November 4, 2011.
2. Holistic Select & Eagle Pack’s supply woes are over. We have plenty of stock and to celebrate, you won’t pay for shipping if you buy either product (dog or cat) at Pookinuk this month (metro only). PLUS as an extra bonus, you won’t pay for shipping on a repeat order either! What a great deal and what a great time to give it a try!
3. It’s flea season and we’ve got everything you need to keep your pooch and puss flea-less! One-spot treatments, chew tablets, flea shampoos and flea resistant bedding. Sentinel Spectrum are currently running a special offer … get a FREE extra chewable tablet (that’s an extra month’s protection for your dog) with all Sentinel Spectrum 6 pack purchases.
4. 15% off all Eukanuba Puppy formulas. Did you know that by the time your puppy celebrates his 2nd birthday he will have grown as much as you did in your first 14 years! Therefore, he has to eat the right food with the right nutrients to support a healthy growing body. Eukanuba make a puppy formula for all size breeds (ie. Large, Medium & Small) and they’re currently all 15% off, eg. Large Breed 15kg was $119.95, now $101.95.
5. 15% off Artemis Osopure Power. This formula contains higher levels of protein and fat than Artemis’ other formulas. So if you have a sporting or show dog, an underweight dog, a dog whose skin and coat is dull and lifeless, a pregnant or nursing female or a dog who’s just had surgery, this Power formula is just the ticket. The 18kg bag was $112.95, now $96.00. Hurry while stocks last.
6. Take 20% off Artemis Medium/Large Breed Puppy and 20% off Eagle Pack Small/Medium Puppy - only while stocks last!
Tags: artemis, Artemis cat food, Artemis dog food, buy cat food, buy dog food, buy pet food, cat food online, dog food, dog food home delivered, dog food online, dog food specials, dog supplies online, dry cat food, dry dog food, eagle pack, eukanuba, flea beds, flea treatment, fleas on dogs, healthy dog food, healthy pet food, holistic dog food, holistic pet food, home delivered dog food, pet food online, premium pet food online, Sentinel Spectrum
Posted in Specials | No Comments »
Wednesday, April 14th, 2010
My two dogs have just spent a few weeks at my sister’s house where they had the run of the house, spent most of the day inside with her, slept on her bed, and were treated like royalty! Needless to say, they’re not treated like that at my house. With two kids, a rabbit and a husband to look after as well, the dogs live outside, sleep outside in a kennel and, well ok, they’re still treated like royalty! However, we’ve all returned from holidays to the normal routine of school and work so the dogs are trying to cope with being back at home and left alone for most of the day.
‘Where’s everybody gone?’ I can hear them woofing! And subsequently, we’re experiencing some pet separation anxiety issues.
Jumping fences, barking, howling, chewing and uncharacteristic ‘accidents’ are all signs of what Animal Behaviourists call ‘symptoms of separation anxiety’.
Jumping the fence is what’s happening in our house. Mind you it’s only one of the dogs and he’s not fully escaping because there’s two fences between the back yard and the road. But once Crumble’s jumped the fence he’s stuck in a barren zone of no plants, no shade and no water!
What do I do about it? According to an Australian Veterinary Association Animal Behaviourist (Dr Kersti Seksel), “the most effective way to treat the underlying anxiety is to prepare your pet for absences and think about providing stimulating activities in your absence”. Keeping departures and arrivals more low key is another tip.
So, I’ve been stuffing kongs with delicious doggie fillings, giving him different dog chew treats (f.y.i. I’ve discovered that dried bull’s penises are a really great chew item because they thoroughly clean the teeth! Who would’ve thought?), leaving him with a variety of dog toys AND providing him with yummy shank bones. We’ve also been taking him on long walks & runs before we all leave for the day.
It seems to be working and I guess as time passes, he’ll get used to the longer moments of being alone (even though he lives with another dog). Of course, lots of cuddles and “good dog!” pats help too!
Lou @ Pookinuk.
Tags: anxiety, buy pet food, buy pet toys, dog anxiety, dog supplies online, dog toys, dog treats, pet supplies
Posted in General, Pet toys | No Comments »
Monday, April 12th, 2010
Because, according to various vets, our lovable four legged best friends are not designed or equipped to properly digest and absorb cooked food, as we humans are.
They have been evolving on this planet for 40 million years eating fresh food. Their mouths, teeth, stomach, intestines, organs and enzymes, are all evolved to masticate, process, digest and absorb raw food, not cooked food.
It’s an interesting school of thought. And perhaps the increase of raw pet food products on the market is a sign that dog & cat owners are embracing this school of thought!
Here at Pookinuk, we’re seeing more and more options available that are raw and 100% natural as well as being preservative & additive free. Various studies suggest that it’s the preservatives & additives that are the cause of many allergies so offering a diet to your pet that is entirely natural could mean the end of those nasty allergies.
Furthermore, vet expert Dr Bruce Syme tells us that there’s a growing stockpile of scientific evidence that links the long term consumption of cooked commercial pet foods to the development of a vast array of common illnesses and degenerative diseases, including cancer.
And a poor, unbalanced diet can lead to skin disease and dermatitis, allergies, teeth and gum disease, arthritis, renal failure, ear infections, obesity and other problems. That just means a poorer quality of life for both pet and owner!
It’s definitely worth thinking about. If your pet suffers from allergies or other ailments, perhaps a raw diet is worth considering.
Pookinuk stocks a few raw diet products – - Dr Bruce’s VETS ALL NATURAL
(for dogs & cats) as well as a new freeze dried product from New Zealand called K9 NATURAL
(dogs only). For more info on these products, see our other Blog entitled ‘Raw Food Options’.
Tags: buy cat food, buy dog food, buy pet food, natural cat food, natural pet food, pet food online, raw pet food
Posted in Petfood | No Comments »
Monday, April 12th, 2010
One of our best sellers has brought back their popular bonus bags. Made in Australia by Mars Petcare, Advance pet food is currently offering up to 20% extra food free on their larger sized bags of dog and cat food.
Advance bonus bags are back!
One of the reasons Advance pet food is so popular with our customers is because it’s Australian made and it’s a super premium pet food that includes all the essential nutrients a dog or cat needs to lead a long & healthy life.
The product’s developed with the assistance of the Waltham Centre for Pet Nutrition (WCPN) in the UK – a Research & Development facility that’s been advancing(!) their knowledge on nutrition for companion animals since 1965. Advance Pet Foods benefits from Waltham’s continuous detailed studies of the nutrition and behaviour of companion animals and subsequently produces a food that includes all the proteins, fats, minerals, vitamins and carbohydrates your pets need.
Advance Pet food’s excellent philosophy on producing their super premium pet food is based on the following:-
- Food must be palatable – what’s left in the bowl is of no nutritional value.
- Food must be sufficiently concentrated so that your pet eats enough to meet its particular nutrient needs.
- Absorption into the body is only possible if the nutrients are in a digestible form.
- The diet must be safe, which means it should be free of toxins, harmful bacteria and parasites.
The free 15-20% bonus food offer is available on Advance Dog food’s large bags (ie. more than 13kg) in the following SKU’s:- Puppy Plus Growth, Puppy Plus Growth Large Breed, Adult Dog All Breed, Active Dog All Breed, Adult Dog Large/Giant Breed, Adult Dog Small Breed Turkey & Rice, Weight Control All Breed and Advance Cat Food’s Adult Cat Total Care Chicken.
If you prefer to buy the larger bags of food for your beloved pet, then these bonus bags offer great value for money. They’re available at Pookinuk until stocks last.
Tags: Advance cat food, Advance dog food, Advance pet food, buy Advance pet food, buy pet food, pet food online, super premium pet food
Posted in Specials | No Comments »
Tuesday, February 9th, 2010
With 3 dogs, 1 cat and a rabbit between us here at Pookinuk, we’re constantly on the look-out for cat & dog food products that will keep our furry friends in tip-top shape & health. Being strong believers in the old adage “you are what you eat”, we reckon this applies to our four-legged best friends as well! We’ve seen the benefits of an organic diet so surely dietary changes can help our pets too.
And I don’t think we’re alone in this. Since the Natural Balance brand disappeared, customers are constantly asking us about the availability of a replacement organic pet food.
Research suggests that organic foods have many benefits for pets. Without totally plagiarising from an American website that we’re always referencing (www.organicauthority.com), there are five key benefits:-
1) Reduction of skin ailments and allergies – because it’s free of artificial colors and flavor enhancers, chemical additives and toxic pesticides that could be the source of your pet’s allergies.
2) More energy and a healthy weight – dogs feel more satiated eating smaller amounts of tasty, nutrient-dense foods. An organic diet can help your pet lose weight, have more energy and therefore exercise more.
3) Fewer digestive disorders – easily digestible oats, barley or other natural whole grains and human-grade turkey, lamb or chicken make a huge difference to your pet’s digestive system. Rather than consuming corn or other bulk fillers and chemical additives, your pet will ingest only what it needs for healthy metabolic functioning.
4) Better overall health & stronger immunity – because an organic diet is more digestible, our pets are likely to absorb rather than eliminate more of the nutrients they require to maintain a healthy immune system. Boosting your pet’s immunity may help prevent costly infections and illnesses that require vet care.
5) Quality of life and longevity - a luxurious, shiny coat, energy to run and play, a healthy weight and a strong immune system can maximize your dog’s life expectancy and quality of life into old age.
OK it might be more expensive but it might help delete that even more expensive vet bill!
So, we’ve been on the look-out for a top quality organic product for quite some time and we’re excited to say that we think we’ve found it. Made by Castor & Pollux in the U.S., their Organix range meets all U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) requirements and it doesn’t have to be irradiated when it hits our shores (good thing!).
Organix pack shot - there's Adult dog, Puppy & Cat formulas
Organix dog & cat food products comply with all USDA National Organic Program requirements, which means that each and every ingredient in Organix including those that aren’t organic are reviewed and approved by an organic certifying agency that enforces all USDA requirements. Which means that the words “organic” or “‘certified organic” on the Organix labels are bona fide!
Organic ingredients must have no pesticides, no synthetic fertilizers, no antibiotics, no growth hormones, no bio-engineering (no GMOs). Certified organic, free-range chicken is the #1 ingredient in all the Organix dry formulas with organic brown rice, organic peas, organic carrots and organic flaxseed completing the mix for a wholesome, balanced diet. Buy it online and get it delivered to your door from Pookinuk Pet Supplies – we stock the Adult Dog, Puppy & Cat dry formulas as well as the canned range.
It comes in a 1.3kg bag which makes it easy to give it a try. See if you can see the organic difference and let us know what you think!
Tags: buy pet food, cat food online, diet pet food, dog food online, dry dog food, healthy pet food, natural dog food, pet food online
Posted in Allergies, Organic, Petfood | No Comments »