Posts Tagged ‘dog food’
Wednesday, October 19th, 2011
Here’s a snapshot of this month’s specials:
1. Buy Canidae or Felidae plus something else from our store and you’ll go in the running to win a Sony Bravia Internet TV worth $900. WOW! Now you can surf the net and watch your favourite TV show at the same time! Canidae (for dogs) and Felidae (for cats) are an all natural, holistic pet food that do not contain corn, wheat, soy or fillers. Top quality food with a top quality prize! Our Internet TV competition finishes November 4, 2011.
2. Holistic Select & Eagle Pack’s supply woes are over. We have plenty of stock and to celebrate, you won’t pay for shipping if you buy either product (dog or cat) at Pookinuk this month (metro only). PLUS as an extra bonus, you won’t pay for shipping on a repeat order either! What a great deal and what a great time to give it a try!
3. It’s flea season and we’ve got everything you need to keep your pooch and puss flea-less! One-spot treatments, chew tablets, flea shampoos and flea resistant bedding. Sentinel Spectrum are currently running a special offer … get a FREE extra chewable tablet (that’s an extra month’s protection for your dog) with all Sentinel Spectrum 6 pack purchases.
4. 15% off all Eukanuba Puppy formulas. Did you know that by the time your puppy celebrates his 2nd birthday he will have grown as much as you did in your first 14 years! Therefore, he has to eat the right food with the right nutrients to support a healthy growing body. Eukanuba make a puppy formula for all size breeds (ie. Large, Medium & Small) and they’re currently all 15% off, eg. Large Breed 15kg was $119.95, now $101.95.
5. 15% off Artemis Osopure Power. This formula contains higher levels of protein and fat than Artemis’ other formulas. So if you have a sporting or show dog, an underweight dog, a dog whose skin and coat is dull and lifeless, a pregnant or nursing female or a dog who’s just had surgery, this Power formula is just the ticket. The 18kg bag was $112.95, now $96.00. Hurry while stocks last.
6. Take 20% off Artemis Medium/Large Breed Puppy and 20% off Eagle Pack Small/Medium Puppy - only while stocks last!
Tags: artemis, Artemis cat food, Artemis dog food, buy cat food, buy dog food, buy pet food, cat food online, dog food, dog food home delivered, dog food online, dog food specials, dog supplies online, dry cat food, dry dog food, eagle pack, eukanuba, flea beds, flea treatment, fleas on dogs, healthy dog food, healthy pet food, holistic dog food, holistic pet food, home delivered dog food, pet food online, premium pet food online, Sentinel Spectrum
Posted in Specials | No Comments »
Wednesday, August 10th, 2011
We’ve gone mad for all things Australian made! This month is Australia Month at Pookinuk and you reap the rewards! Check out our specials on Australian-made Advance, Nutro and Dr Bruce’s Vets All Natural range and you could win tickets to see the new Australian made movie Red Dog!
- Advance bonus bags are back – that means you get up to 3 kg of dog food for free!
- Buy any bag of Nutro to receive a free drink bottle
- 15% off all Dr Bruce’s Vets All Natural products
- Become a fan of our Facebook page or buy any of these Australian made products and you could WIN a double pass to see Red Dog, the latest little Aussie film winning hearts not just in Australia but all over the world! We have twenty double passes to give away (plus we’ll throw in a bag of Greenies treats for your pooch or puss). Too easy! (Competition closes August 31, 2011).
- The Furminator hits Pookinuk’s shelves! You’ve been asking after it and we’ve finally got it. One of the best grooming/de-Shedding tools on the market – for cats and dogs!
- Get rid of doggy/pet aromas in your house with these great Buddha Bum soycandles.
Aussie, Aussie, Aussie ….. Woof, miaow, woof!!!
Tags: Advance dog food, buy dog food online, cat food, cat food online, dog brushes, dog food, dog food online, dry dog food, Furminator, home delivery, Nutro dog food, Red Dog movie, Vet's All Natural
Posted in Specials | No Comments »
Tuesday, May 18th, 2010
Just read this great article published by the ‘Whole Dog Journal’ out of the U.S. about how to choose the right dog food.
We subscribe to this great publication (every February they publish their ‘Top Dog Food’ report) and are always impressed by their totally unbiased reporting on things that really matter in the world of dogs (and it’s not funded by advertisers!).
There’s no doubting that the quality and philosophy about pet food over the last decade or so has changed dramatically. It’s now not considered beneficial for a dog or cat to live wholly on a wet diet. A good quality dry food is considered much more beneficial because not only does it deliver the required nutrients but also keeps your pet’s teeth clean and healthy (for one thing).
The article suggests that dogs, just like people, are individuals. And if we are to base our pet’s dietary choices on this, then you wouldn’t feed the same food to a large, active dog and a small, lie-at-home-all-day-watching-television dog! That makes sense to me.
And it makes good common sense to follow the advice to assess your dog’s health while dieting on its current food. List the health assets and problems it may have. Health assets are things like bright eyes, fresh breath, clean teeth, glossy coat, clean ears etc. Any conditions for which your dog requires a visit to the vet would be listed on the problems list along with things like bad breath, goopy eyes, excessive gas, diarrhoea, recurring fleas or worms, low or excessive energy etc.
If there are a lot more assets on your list than problems, and the problems are minor, then you’re probably already feeding your dog the right type of food.
If not, then your dog’s a good candidate for a change of diet! Again, go to view the Whole Dog Journal article as it outlines in much more detail what you should be assessing if your dog’s health is an issue.
And referring back to their Top Dog Food report, we’re happy to report that we stock three of their ‘approved dry foods’. Artemis, Organix (Castor & Pollux) and Eagle Pack’s Holistic Select can be purchased and home delivered from Pookinuk. All these foods use high quality ingredients and are classified as either a ‘natural’ or ‘organic’ food.
We speak to a lot of our customers about dietary concerns they may have for their pets so if you have any concerns or have followed the Whole Dog Journal’s advice and realised that your dog or cat perhaps isn’t eating the right food, give us a call. We’re more than happy to help point you in the right direction – 1300 65 66 75.
Tags: artemis, Dick van Patten, dog food, healthy dog food, healthy pet food, natural pet food, organic dog food, organic pet food, Organix, pet food
Posted in Petfood | No Comments »
Saturday, March 13th, 2010
Pookinuk is proud to now offer to its customers a range of fully certfied organic dog food, made right here in Australia. The range is called Biopet, has an Adult and Puppy variety, along with Organic Treats and even a Vegan product.
BiOpet’s manufacturing plant is also certified by ACO (Australian Certified Organic) to produce organic petfood (Certification No 289P). It’s plant is audited annually by ACO to ensure the ACO organic processing guidelines are being adhered to. This organic certification assures the pet owners that BiOpet is indeed organic pet food.
The Biopet range is produced without the use of herbicides, pesticides or artificial fertilisers, is not irradiated & does not contain chemical additives or preservatives.
All materials are sourced from Australian Farmers or manufacturers, the Biopet brand is 100% Australian owned and made.
The Biopet range is a cheaper alternative to such imported organic brands as Organix or Dick van Patten – Natural Balance (which is no longer available in Australia). Whilst not of the same quality of the Organix is still provides an economic option to the customers who would like to feed their dogs an Organic Dog Food Diet.
The ingredients list reads as follows: Wholegrain cereals and cereal by-products, vegetable proteins, animal proteins, Omega 3 vegetable oil, sea salt. Natural preservatives (Vitamin E)
Tags: certified organic dog food, dog food, natural dog food, organic dog food
Posted in Organic | No Comments »